국내는 온실가스를 줄이고 보행자 중심의 친환경 도시를 지향하고자 일부지역에 보행자 우선지역을 시행하고 있다. 이는 대중교통 중심의 서비스 개선 및 여유로운 보행공간의 확보 측면에서 시민의 만족도가 높았으며, 친환경 교통수단의 도입으로 온실가스의 감축효과에 기여했다. 그러나 보행자 우선지역은 보행환경 개선 측면에는 영향력이 높지만 주변 교통흐름에는 악영향을 주는 만큼 시행에 따른 교통 환경 변화를 예측할 필요가 있다. 본 연구는 수원시 행궁동 생태교통 지역을 중심으로 보행자 우선도로 시행에 따라 행사주변의 효과를 도출하기 위해 사전사후 평가를 활용한 교통사고 특성변화를 분석하였다. 분석결과 보행자 우선도로는 보행자 중심으로 설계되어 운영되는 만큼 보행자 관련 사고는 줄었으나, 차량의 회전교통 제한에 따른 불법유턴 사고 및 속도 저하에 따른 신호위반 사고가 증가한 것으로 나타났다. 각 지역에는 행사를 시행하기 전 운전자에게 각별한 주의가 요구되며, 행사구역 인근에 본 연구 특성이 반영된 안전표지판 및 어플 정보를 제공하여 교통사고에 유념할 필요가 있겠다.
We are implementing pedestrian priority zone policy to certain districts to reduce green- house gas and to develop eco-friendly city which has more focus on pedestrians’ walking environment. This policy has contributed to citizens’ satisfaction level with improved public transportation service as well as more spacious streets for walk. Despite highly positive influence of pedestrian priority zone policy to the walking environment, we need to anticipate the impact of this to traffic environment as it may have bad effect to the overall traffic flow around the zone where the policy is implemented. This research has analyzed the change of characteristics of traffic accidents around the eco-traffic area of Hang-Gung dong, Suwon city, to understand impact of the pedestrian priority zone policy to the traffic surroundings, with pre-post analysis methodology. As a result, number of accidents related to pedestrians showed decrease as pedestrian priority zone is designed operated with focus to pedestrians. But accidents related illegal U-turn and violation of the traffic signal showed (significant) increase as there was a restriction of turns and decrease of overall traffic speed. To prevent the accidents above, we need to notice drivers to pay special attention before the pedestrian priority zone event, and information from this research should be given to the drivers through safety signs and mobile application at the place near to the event.
- Ahangari H., Garrick N., Atkinson-Palombo C. (2016), Relationship Between Human Capital and Transportation Sustainability or the United States and Selected European Countries, Journal of the Transportation Research Board, 2598, 92-101.10.3141/2598-11
- Cevero R., Kockelman K. (1997), Travel Demand and the 3ds Density, Diversity, and Design, Transportation Research Part D, 2(3), 199-219.10.1016/S1361-9209(97)00009-6
- Chanam L., Moudon A. V. (2006), Correlates of Walking for Transportation or Recreation Purposes, Journal of physical activity and Health, 3(1), 77-98.
- Chanam L., Vernez M. A. (2006), Quantifying Land Use and Urban Form correlates of Walking, Transportation Research Part D, 11(3), 204-215.10.1016/j.trd.2006.02.003
- Helbing D. (2001), Traffic and Related Self-driven Many-particle Systems, American Physical Society, 73(4), 1067-141.10.1103/RevModPhys.73.1067
- Jaskiewicz F. (2000), Pedestrian Level of Service Based on Trip Quality, Transportation Research Circular, 501, 1-14.
- Kim J. H., Ha D. I., Park M. C., Song W. C., Ha T. J. (2017), Analysis of Traffic Safety Facilities in Pedestrian Protection Area: Focusing on Variable Speed Limit Signs and Beacons, The Journal of the Korea Institute of Intelligent Transportation System. 16(5), 121-133.10.12815/kits.2017.16.5.121
- Kim J. H., Kim S. H. (2017), Evaluation Scheme for EcoMobility Policy Based on Multi-criteria Decision Making, AHP and ANP, J. Korean Soc. Transp., 35(3), Korean Society of Transportation, 183-196.
- Kim S. H., Lee K. J., Choi K. C. (2014), A Study on Assessment Indicator of Walking Environment Considering Land Use Characteristics, Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 34(3), 931-938.10.12652/Ksce.2014.34.3.0931
- Kim Y. M., Park J. J., Lee J. Y., Ha T. J. (2014), Methodology of Selecting Criteria for Pedestrian only Street, Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 36(5), 867-879.10.12652/Ksce.2016.36.5.0867
- Kim Y. S. (2017), A study on impact Analysis of Traffic Safety Facilities in School Zones on Traffic Accidents, Ajou University, Academic Thesis.
- Korea Transportation Safety Authority (2010-2016), Accident Data in Suwon.
- Min H. S., Ye H. J. (2012), Evaluating and Improving the Car-free Street Business, The Seoul Institute, Policy Reporter, 131.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (2016), Guide to New Transportation Selection Guidelines.
- Money Today (2015), Elderly Driver Accidents Increas, Realistic Measures?, http://www.lifentalk.com/1024
- News One (2016), Increased use of public bicycles, http://news1.kr/articles/?2690739
- NEWSIS (2016) Korea Pedestrian Traffic Accident Deaths the Most Among OECD, http://www.newsis.com/ar_detail /view.htm l/?ar_id=NI SX20160501_0014056992&cID=10201&pID=10200
- Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development(OECD) (2016), The Inclusive Growth Traction and Traffic Safety of Korean Roads, Report.
- Park B. C., Jeong H. T., Goh S. L., Ahn J. R. (2009), Revitalization of the Existing Commercial Street Area by Pdestrian- only Street - The Case in Jin-Ju City, Journal of the Regional Association of Architectural Institute of Korea, 11(02), 135-144.
- Seo J. M. (2016), A Study on the Physical Environment Factors Influencing Pedestrian Traffic Accidents: The Case of Seoul, Hanyang University, Academic Thesis.
- Suwon City (2013), The 53rd Suwon Statistics Report.
- World News (2016), Walking Safety' OECD's Most Vulnerable South Korea, http://www.segye.com/content/html/2016/ 09/22/201609220 03602.html
- Journal Title :Journal of Korean Society of Transportation
- Volume : 36
- No :2
- Pages :112-128
- Received Date :2017. 12. 19
- Accepted Date :2018. 04. 03